Friday, July 06, 2007

Prosper.com: A Boon to the Small Time Borrower and Prospective Investor or A Back Door To Communism?

Dear America,
I just wanted to report upon a growing menace that threatens our very economic existence. Here is an adaptation of a post I made over at Kentucky Progress, my favorite Kentucky political blog:

The liberals over at NPR had a story about Prosper.com. I was only listening to document their elitist liberal bias and their treasonous bad mouthing of the president, I swear!

But it is apparently some wacky scheme where people who want to borrow money put up listings for loan amounts and the interest rate they are willing to pay and people who want to lend money and can accept the possible risk can bid on partially or fully funding those loans.

At first I thought what a neat way to let capitalism work in a problem space such as this (we were discussing pay-day loan companies). But then I realized that since it was on NPR, I can only think this is some kind of back door ploy to get communism into our banking industry. It sounds a little too "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"-ish if you ask me. They are probably trying to destroy our sub-prime lending industry from the inside out and take our economy down with it so they can redistribute our wealth. The liberals can be so tricky at times, we must be ever vigilante!

These lefties are practically stealing money that rightfully belongs to Chase and Citibank, given how much money those two both pay our Congressmen to make sure they have every possible advantage over the plebes they make their money off of.

But I thought you might find it interesting, if you haven't already heard about it.


So for exposing Prosper.com as the shameless bunch of Communist who are trying to destroy our banking industry, you are most certainly welcome America.
Your Humble Servant,
Rob R. Baron ~ Esquire

UPDATE: Mr. Progress (Kentucky) kindly responded:
Rob, as much as I admire your diligence, slow down just a little bit. What you describe sounds like a free market solution. Lay off the NPR for a few weeks, will you?


"Lay off the NPR"? Always good advice KP, that's always good advice. - RRB

A rare and most sincere apology: My virtuous conscience compels me to apologize to the fine folks at Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) whose URL of Progress.com I had previously mis-identified as this imminent commie threat. I'm sure they do swell work, and since they are listed on the stock exchange, must be nice and successful people, with access to more lawyers than I would care to shake a stick at, even though most lawyers are Democrats. So please keep them in mind if you ever need some data infrastructure products or some service oriented business applications developed and deployed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude,
Sure you have the right people? progress.com is the URL (i.e. Web address) of Progress Software Corporation, a successful Software Developer for building the worlds best business applications.

Can you check it out and if you were wrong, update the post so people don't get confused.

TIA
Molly

Rob. R. Baron said...

I can't believe the wrong url was inserted. It was obviously some liberal trickery. It was supposed to be Prosper.com. Thank you gentle reader for pointing this out to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if Progress.com dabbled in the evil Linux, and could still be part of some communist plot.